Egg Remedies for Managing Dry Damaged Hair
Is your hair feeling dry? Has it lost shine and health? Well, healthy, shiny, and silky hair is a dream of every woman. Unfortunately, what most modern women have is dry, dull, lifeless hair! Pollution, perms, hair dyes, straightening irons, electric curlers, blow dryers, over-exposure to sun, wind and chlorinated water, lead to loss of shine and moisture in hair. It also makes your hair look frizzy, brittle, and dry.
Luckily, there are a number of ways to repair damaged hair sans paying for expensive salon treatments.
Listed below are some of the most effective remedies and tips for dry hair:
Egg for Dry Damaged Hair
This is known to be one of the oldest remedies for dry hair. Egg is a definitely a good source of protein and lecithin. This helps in strengthening and repairing hair via adding shine, moisture, and texture to it.
Egg and Olive Oil
Mix about 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add 1 tablespoon honey, stir well. Apply the mixture to damp hair and scalp. You need to cover with a shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
Egg and Yogurt
Beat about 2-3 eggs together and add half cup of full-fat yogurt to it. Also add 1 ½ tablespoons of almond oil to it. Stir well until it turns creamy. You should massage this mixture into your scalp and hair. Cover with a towel or a shower cap, and leave it on for about half an hour. Shampoo using a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
Egg Vinegar and Oil
Beat 3 eggs and add 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Add a few drops of rosemary essential oil. Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp. Cover with shower cap and leave on for 20 to 30 minutes. Wash and shampoo your hair as usual.
Daily Tips and Tricks to fight of Dry Brittle Hair
Inculcate the following hair healthy habits in your daily life to cure dry hair:
- Avoid using harsh shampoos and chemicals that can damage and dry out your hair.
- Shampoo only twice a week.
- Massage your hair with finger tips while washing your hair.
- Deep condition your hair regularly. Invest in a good conditioner that will moisturize and nourish your hair. This also protects your hair from splitting. For extremely dry hair, you can use a lean on condition or use your regular conditioner overnight.
- Trim off split ends regularly to prevent them from spreading up the hair strand.
- Strictly avoid chemical hair dyes, permanent colourings, and electric curling or straightening irons.
- Allow the hair to dry naturally. Use of blow dryers will damage hair.
- Chlorinated water is very harmful for your hair and may lead to excess dryness.
- Don’t swim without a cap.
- You need to be gentle with your hair and always brush it carefully and delicately. Dry hair is fragile and prone to breakage.
- Invest in natural bristle brushes. These help in preventing dry and damaged hair.
- Strictly avoid overexposing your hair to sun. This will also dry it out. Take an umbrella when you go outside. You may even wear a hat or a bandana on hair to protect it from sun exposure. Applying protective creams, lotions, and balms before sun exposure is important.
- Choose your hair products wisely. The products you choose should contain moisturizing ingredients, fruit extracts, and natural oils, suitable for dry hair.