Removing Permanent Black Hair Dye Safely!
Black hair dye may look tempting but should be used with care. In fact, it is very difficult to strip black hair dye from your hair. The procedure may damage your hair to a great extent.
Listed below are some safe and effective instructions that help you strip permanent dye from your hair easily:
Understand Black Hair Dye
Black hair dye strips your natural hair colour then covers it with dark dye. Naturally dark brown or black hair has an underlying red colour. Colouring black hair blonde will strip the black or brown out of your hair leaving the red tones. This may lead to unsightly brassy, gross orange colour. This is usually the result that an amateur gets from his colour job.
Black Hair Dye Removal Technique 1
Step 1: Buy a hair dye removal kit.
Step 2: The weak peroxide bleaches will slowly fade your hair dye.
Step 3: Leave the colour removal on for maximum time allowed as mentioned in the user manual.
Step 4: Wash and rinse.
Step 5: This will give you orange or red hair.
Step 6: Bleach it with hair bleach. This will turn it blonde.
Step 7: You may dye it immediately with another colour. It is better to choose a darker hair colour such as dark brown.
Black Hair Dye Removal Technique 2
This technique involves applying hair bleach. You need to buy very high quality hair bleach for this process. You will also need hair peroxide, which comes in various strengths. The strongest peroxide is 40 Volume Peroxide. Since your hair is dyed with permanent black colour, you need to go for stronger peroxide volume.
The Protection and Pampering Method
Using a hair dye removal kit or hair bleach and peroxide will make your hair dry, brittle and lifeless. Hence, you need to take some extra precautions to give moisture to your hair.
Here’s how you can nourish your hair:
- Buy a rich creamy conditioner and apply it to the tips of hair after shampooing.
- Leave the conditioner on for 2-5 minutes.
- You may leave it in for longer with a shower cap on for additional effect!
- Coat your hair with the hair conditioner and wrap it in a warm towel.
- Sit with it for at least 20 minutes.
- The hair conditioner will saturate your bleached hair, and the dry hair will absorb all of the nutrients.
- You should also use a heavy duty conditioner leave-in treatment once a week.
- Allow your hair air dry.
- Use a hair product with UV protection to defend against the sun’s damaging rays.
- Treat your hair with hair spa at a reputed salon.