How to Make Oats Poha – Healthy Food that Tastes Good!
Oatmeal is not a new name for health conscious individuals in India. Today, everyone knows the benefits of including oats into their daily diet regime. However, the only problem they face is boredom and the taste. Well, the fact is oats don’t taste all that good. And there’s absolutely no excitement to hear ‘Oats’ in breakfast.
But if you are serious about staying healthy and include oats in your diet without compromising on taste, you need to get creative.
Here’s an amazing of oats poha recipe that takes very less time to prepare and tastes awesome!
The Oats Poha Recipe
- Oats – 1.5 cups
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5-6
- Green chilies finely chopped – 1
- Carrots diced – 1 tsp
- Peas – 3 tsps
- Potato boiled and diced – 2 tsps
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cottage Cheese – 4-5 cubes
- Salt to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Step 1: Put oats in a sieve.
Step 2: Add some water and drain. Make sure the water just wets oats and doesn’t make it soggy.
Step 3: Allow oats to rest for about 10 minutes.
Step 4: Add salt, turmeric powder, and finely chopped green chilies. Stir well.
Step 5: Heat some oil in a pan.
Step 6: Add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter till it stops itself.
Step 7: Add curry leaves and stir.
Step 8: Add vegetables.
Step 9: Mix all the ingredients in pan properly. Cover it and cook it on very low flame till the vegetables are done. This will take only about 5 minutes. You need to stir in between.
Step 10: Add some cottage cheese cubes, coriander leaves and give a good stir.
Step 11: Your yummy, healthy oats poha is ready.
Step 12: Now transfer it into a serving plate and serve hot with salad.
Some Tips to Make the Recipe Taste Better
- You must add water slowly. It is good to check water and oats while adding it with a spoon.
- Vegetables make the recipe taste better.
- Add some peanuts to enhance the taste and nutritional value of the recipe.
- To make the recipe healthier, add olive oil.
- You can also have oats poha with green chutney.