Brown Rice Dosa – Healthy Food that Tastes Good!
It is important to incorporate more number of whole grains and healthy ingredients in our daily meals. Brown rice is one of the healthiest accessible grains. Rich in fibre, the outermost layer of the rice (the hull) is removed using the least damaging to its nutritional value.
Did you know?
The process of milling and polishing that converts brown rice into white rice destroys the nutrients in proportions mentioned below:
- Vitamin B3 – 67%
- Vitamin B1 – 80%
- Vitamin B6 – 90%
- Manganese – 50%
- Phosphorus – 50%
- Iron – 60%
- Dietary fiber – 100%
- Essential fatty acids – 100%
The nutrient factor in brown rice – 1.00 cup (195.00 grams)
- Manganese – 88%
- Selenium – 27.3%
- Magnesium – 20.9%
- Tryptophan – 18.7%
Here’s a fabulous recipe for brown rice that tastes heavenly!
The Brown Rice Dosa Recipe
- Brown Rice – 2 Cups
- Urad Dal – 1/2 Cup
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt – 1 Teaspoon Or As Needed
- Olive Oil 1/2 Teaspoon
- Soak together the brown rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds (if using) in water overnight or at least 5-6 hours.
- The next day morning, grind together all the soaked ingredients until you get a smooth batter.
- Add water as required.
- Transfer the batter to a big bowl which has enough space for the batter to rise.
- Mix in the salt and place it on a plate to let it ferment.
- Ferment the dosa batter in a warm place overnight.
- Heat a dosa tava and pour a ladleful of batter and spread it out as thick or as thin as you want with the back of the ladle.
- Drizzle some oil around or use a non stick cooking spray and flip to the other side to cook it thoroughly.