Oats Dosa – Healthy Food that Tastes Good!
We all know how healthy oats are. These are rich in fibre and helps in maintaining ideal body weight. Oats has many vital nutrients such as vitamins, fiber and minerals. In case, you are bored of having oats porridge daily, here’s a twist for change! You can prepare yummy dosas. The best part is that you do not have to grind or plan ahead as you do for regular dosa. This dosa can be made in a jiffy.
Makes – 4 Dosas
- Oats – 100 grams
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Green Chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Rava/Sooji (Semolina) – 2 tbsp
- Buttermilk – 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Cumin/jeera seeds – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt as required
- Olive oil for making dosa
- Dry grind the oats just for a few seconds.
- Mix all the above ingredients except oil, to a dosa batter consistency.
- Add water as required.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat a non stick tawa.
- Pour a ladle of batter and spread it in a circular motion.
- Drizzle oil around the dosa.
- When it is cooked (you will see the bubbles), flip it over to the other side.
- Do it carefully as oats dosa is very soft.
- Once cooked, you must remove from heat.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sambar.
Repeat the process for the rest of the batter.
You need to take this dosa hot.