Baby Enclyclopedia – Understanding Week 8
Your baby is two months old now! Unbelievable, isn’t it? So what to expect? Do you need to be more watchful now?
Your baby’s brain will grow about five centimeters during the first three months. Babies swallow air and pass gas during this time period. However, if excessive gas is causing trouble, consult a doctor and help him get more air out.
For those who are bottle feeding, make sure your baby’s lips fasten on the wide base of the nipple. Restricting the child just on the tip may cause problems. Bottles should be given at a 45-degree angle. This will keep air away from the nipple.
Baby’s lips should form a tight seal far back on your areola.
Trick to Feed Baby
It is always better to feed your baby smaller volumes of food more frequently. Make sure you keep the baby at a 45-degree angle, or higher. Do this for at last 30 minutes after a feeding. It is also crucial to burp your baby before and after feedings. It is a good idea to gently massage your baby’s abdomen using clockwise strokes.
It is recommended that your baby gets the following vaccines:
- Hepatitis B
- DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis)
- Hib (meningitis)
Keep Tabs on the Following:
- Precise amount of baby’s feeding and frequency.
- The number of bowel movements of baby, wet diapers, consistency and colour of the bowel movements.
- The number of consecutive hours at night and the position.
You must also monitor your baby’s behaviour and development. Make sure the baby respond to your voice, smile, and actions. Does he look at faces?
Make sure you cherish these beautiful moments with the baby before they fly away soon. Take pictures, record videos, write down special moments in a baby journal.
- Your baby will respond to loud noises via getting shocked, crying, etc.
- He or she will sounds such as Ooh or Aah.
- The baby will tracks objects with his or her eyes.
- The baby enjoys soft toys.
- You will notice that your baby likes to watch high-contrast objects especially black or white.
- Enjoys playing around on the floor.