Home Pregnancy Test – The Technique
Home pregnancy test is known to be one of the most reliable methods to check pregnancy. It works towards measuring the precise levels of HCG (human chorionic gonadotrophin) in your urine.
What is HCG?
HCG is a glycoprotein hormone. It is produced during pregnancy. The level of HCG level is different in blood and urine. Hence, it is important to conduct this test early morning.
The Test Tip
It is recommended to conduct test from your first morning urine. This is not essential. However, it is recommended for perfection.
How the test works?
It measures 25-30 MIUs of HCG. The amount is found in urine during 4th or 5th week of pregnancy. Hence, performing pregnancy test at an early stage may not give you accurate results.
When to test?
It is advised to use home pregnancy test kit after a few days of your missing period.
What to do?
• Keep you test kit in room temperature before you use it.
• Collect urine in a clean, dry glass or plastic container.
• Now take out the kit and place it on a flat surface.
• Use dropper to draw out a little urine (provided with the kit).
• Put two drops in the circular test well (marked ‘S’). Avoid spilling on reading strip.
• Now wait for five minutes (read manufacturer’s instructions).
• Read the test results.
• Carefully look at the regions marked ‘C’ and ‘T’ on the test card.
• If you see only one pink/purple band, in the region marked ‘C’, the test is negative for pregnancy.
• If two pink/purple bands appear, (on ‘C’ and ‘T’), it means that the test is positive for pregnancy.