Tips to Work during Pregnancy – How to Keep the Stress Away?
According to a myth prevalent in India, mothers are not advised to work a lot. Surprisingly as per an old wives’ tale, pregnant women should sweep floors and wash clothes manually to ease labour.
Before practicing any of the common recommendations, myths, or old wives’ tales, you need to consult your doctor. They know what’s best for you.
Here are some tips on indulging in daily household chores.
• Sleep as much as you need. Your body should feel relaxed. Ideally, you must sleep at least 8 hours in a day.
• It is vital to spread out the house work over a prolonged period. Don’t attempt to do everything at one go.
• Practicing gentle exercise in pregnancy will make you feel good. It improves circulation and keeps you healthy.
• Regular controlled exercise will tone and strengthen the muscles used during child birth.
• Take special care to avoid activities that may lead to accidental fall such as moving heavy furniture, lifting heavy objects, etc.
• Strictly avoid exerting yourself to the point of getting tired.
• Walking is recommended.
During pregnancy, you should take special care about the way you move around the house or in the office every day. Your body gets heavier during pregnancy. The distribution of weight around the body alters. There is also increased joint movement in your pelvis. You should know exactly how to use your body during pregnancy. Understand the art of standing, sitting, walking, and lifting without straining.*