Bhastrika Pranayama – Instructions and Benefits
This is a beneficial form of pranayama. Bhastrika pranayama is all about inhaling and exhaling completely in a fashion that your body gets maximum amount of oxygen. Practicing this pranayama on a regular basis offers a lot of benefits to health.
How to Practice Bhastrika Pranayama:
Step 1: Be seated in comfortable posture. The crossed leg posture is considered as idea for this pranayama.
Step 2: Place your hands on your knees.
Step 3: Feel relaxed.
Step 4: Focus on your breathing pattern.
Step 5: Be relaxed.
Step 6: Breathe in by inhaling forcefully through both the nostrils.
Step 7: Fill the lungs completely with air.
Step 8: Once you inhale fully, exhale with great force making hissing sound.
The idea while performing Bhastrika pranayama is to apply force while breathing in and breathing out. You can also determine the amount of speed to apply while inhaling and exhaling. Also keep in mind your heath and endurance power. Do not exert yourself a lot. This will produce more harm than benefits. Perform Bhastrika pranayama for about 5 minutes every day.
- Do not blow up abdomen while breathing in.
- Focus on blowing up the chest area.
- Repeat the procedure for about 5 to 10 times daily to get maximum benefits.
- Those who have high blood pressure or heart disease should not practice Bhastrika pranayama.
The Benefits of Bhastrika Pranayama
The term ‘Bhastrika’ is a Sanskrit word which means bellows. In Bhastrika pranayama, the breathing pattern resembles the blowing of bellows. There are many health benefits that you can enjoy via practicing this pranayama daily. Listed below are some of the health benefits of performing Bhastrika pranayama:
- Helps to flush out toxins
- Cures illnesses of respiratory track
- Boosts the supply of oxygen to various part of body
- Purifies blood
- Helps to keep negative thoughts away
- Increases warmth in the body
- Helps to prevent common cold
- Regular practice of Bhastrika pranayama keeps you away from all diseases
- Enhances oxygen flow into the body
- Get naturally glowing skin
- Helps fight signs of ageing
- Ageless skin
- Save money on beauty products.
With regular practice of Bhastrika pranayama, you can keep your mind and body healthy and glowing with inner beauty always. All you need to do is focus on consistency while practicing this pranayama.