Dos and Don’ts of Yoga – The Yoga Guide
Yoga can bring in a lot of benefits to your life. However, it is important to perform the exercises correctly before expecting results. There are certain norms you must follow when including yoga into your daily life routine.
Here are some yoga dos and don’ts you should keep in mind:
|Dos of Yoga
- Do spread a blanket or a mat.
- Do take a full or half bath before performing asanas.
- Do keep full control on breathing.
- Do breathe through the nose.
- Do perform asanas in a clean, well lit and well ventilated room.
- Do wear light clothes that do not interfere with limb movement.
- Do perform Shavasana when the body gets tired.
- Do only light physical exercises initially and then progress to the tougher ones.
- Do meditate in the end to enhance benefits of yoga.
- Do massage arms, legs and entire body after yoga.
- Do perform yoga in the morning or in the evening.
- Do practise yoga 45 minutes before meal if you wish to perform in the evening.
- Do wash mouth and attend to nature’s call before performing asanas.
- Do practice Pranayama after asanas and meditation after pranayama.
- Do practice asanas only once a day.
- Do spread a blanket on the floor, sit facing east or north in the morning, west or north in the evening for maximum benefits.
- Do start with silent prayer.
- Do wear shoes or socks during class.
- Do Practice Yoga consistently.
- Don’t skip classes unless there’s a health problem.
|Don’ts of Yoga
- Don’t indulge in sudden movements.
- Don’t give jerks to your body.
- Don’t force yourself if you can’t bend a specific part of the body.
- Don’t drink any liquid before half an hour prior to beginning the asanas.
- Don’t practice until two hours after a light breakfast.
- Don’t practice until 4 hours after a full meal.
- Don’t allow smoke or pollution to enter the room.
- Don’t perform asanas on bare ground.
- Don’t take bath immediately after yogic practice.
- Don’t start yoga practise without stretching and warm up.
Keeping in mind the above mentioned dos and don’ts of yoga will help you achieve maximum results from asanas. Always follow the rules and don’t force anything upon yourself.
Post a Comment