Yoga Pregnancy Tips – Feel Healthy, Energized and Healthy
Yoga during pregnancy can be the best way to help yourself feel healthy and stress free. Performing yoga asanas during pregnancy can help you overcome the feeling of nausea, giddiness, lack of energy, irritation and other emotional and physical hurdles most women face at this phase of their life.
Since pregnancy is a period when a woman’s mind and body and mind are engaged in the creation of a new life, one should focus on enjoying the feeling and take care of health. The feeling a woman experiences during pregnancy is unique and valuable experience. Performing yoga asanas can enhance this experience. Health experts feel that Yoga can help women enjoy easier, healthier pregnancy and delivery.
If you are planning to practise yoga during pregnancy, here are some tips to help you enhance your experience and maximize the benefits.
These tips will also help you stay cautious while performing yoga:
Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga
• Practice slowly and gently.
• Focussing on breathing exercises is important to ensure relaxation and good healthy.
• Breathing exercises can strengthen your body.
• Yoga helps you adjust to a range of temporary physical changes that your body experiences during pregnancy.
• Asanas help you make the most of your breath.
• Breathing techniques provide more oxygen to the body. This is important to stay healthy during pregnancy.
• The healthy inflow of oxygen benefits foetus.
• The relaxation and calmness you experience during yoga is passed to your baby.
• Back and pelvic muscles are at risk during pregnancy. Regular yoga practice helps keep those toned and healthy.
Precautions to take while performing yoga during pregnancy:
Get Green Signal
First and foremost, it is extremely important to consult a medical practitioner, especially a gynaecologist before starting off with a yoga session. This will help you know about your body and specific health condition prior to starting off with a yoga session.
Pregnancy is not the time when you should experiment with your body. It is important train yourself under the guidance of an experienced and well known yoga trainer. This is very important before you start off with a yoga plan during pregnancy. The trainer will assess your condition and zero in on a set of suitable yoga postures and regime as per your body.
Yoga Tips During Pregnancy
• Avoid postures that put excessive pressure on the abdomen
• Focus on deep breathing
• Shorter meditations are important
• Listen to your body